Apply Your Experience, Enhance Your Career Potential
As the demand for skilled nurses, nurse administrators, and nursing instructors continues to rise, why not consider taking the steps that will prepare you for the next phase of your career?
The South University College of Nursing is well-respected in the medical field, and we’ve applied our experience and commitment to academic excellence in developing online programs that can help you enhance your career potential while maintaining the work–life balance you require.
Our RN – BSN and Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are designed to put you in control of your academic advancement and allow you to focus on the skills and knowledge that will help you pursue the career path that’s right for you.
Our online Nursing programs are tailored for working professionals, delivering the following benefits:
- 5 ½-week sessions that allow you to complete your degree on an accelerated schedule
- The convenience of completing your coursework at any time of the day or night
- The flexibility to access your coursework from any available Internet connection
- An all-online curriculum — no campus residency required
Apply your experience in our online programs today and get started on the path to career advancement. Transfer of credit is available for qualified students, and you may even receive credit for your nursing experience.
The Nursing RN to BSN degree completion program at South University is designed for registered nurses who hold an associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution or who are diploma graduates of a school of nursing accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLNAC).
Innovative Healthcare Concepts
Graduates of the RN to BSN program will gain the skills they need to be prepared for clinical practice. As a student in this program you can:
- Study palliative care, gerontological nursing, and complementary and alternative nursing methods
- Enhance your patient teaching skills and your ability to motivate and train nursing staff
- Develop management abilities by expanding your critical thinking skills in establishing priorities, delegating responsibility, and formulating decisions
Credit for Your RN Experience
- RNs may receive 45 credit hours for their nursing experience.
- Nurses may receive academic credit for prior completed coursework (transfer of credit rules apply).
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Graduates of our online RN to BSN program are prepared to seek entry-level employment in:
- Private physician practices
- Community clinics and agencies
- Research organizations
- Pharmaceutical firms
- Academic institutions
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, “Overall job opportunities are expected to be excellent for registered nurses.” “Employment of registered nurses is expected to grow by 22 percent from 2008 to 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations. Growth will be driven by technological advances in patient care, which permit a greater number of health problems to be treated, and by an increasing emphasis on preventive care. In addition, the number of older people, who are much more likely than younger people to need nursing care, is projected to grow rapidly.”
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Registered Nurses, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos083.htm.