Medical surgical nurses work in hospitals, acute-care facilities, home health care, and long-term care facilities. They generally care for adult patients before their surgical procedures and afterward. These nurses also care for patients treated with pharmaceutical interventions that manage their conditions.
Jobs and Median Annual Salary
- Search for all advertised Medical Surgical Nursing jobs.
- The median annual salary is $68,000 for a Medical Surgical Nurse.
- To became a Medical-Surgical Nurse, you need the following educational requirements: RN degree.
- Find the right nursing degree to become a Managed Care Nurse.
- Browse our nursing school directory.
RN. Find the right nursing degree for your career.
Explore more than 100 other nursing specialties with information about salary ranges, available jobs, educational requirements, professional association links, suggested reading, and more.