Find a large collection of professional nursing associations in our directory. We'd like to expand and keep this directory up-to-date, please contact us about additions, corrections, and omissions.
- Alaska Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Includes background, news, events, employment opportunities, and members to contact.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Founded in 1931, AANA is the professional association representing CRNAs nationwide. Includes membership, conference, and patient information, position statements and accredited programs.
- California Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Founded in 1930, CANA represents CRNA's In California. Patient resources, officer list, and CRNA schools in California.
- Connecticut Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Includes background, news, events, employment opportunities, patient information.
- Idaho Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Includes meeting information, news, officer list, conference list, and press releases.
- New York State Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Includes recertification requirements, history, news, alerts and a calendar of events.
- Pennsylvania Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Includes history, events, peer assistance information, officers, and committees.
- Texas Association of Nurse Anesthetists – Offers mission statement, news, issues, and resources.
Community Health Nursing
- American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing – National organization of professional nurses working within an ambulatory setting. Membership application, certification and conference information.
- American Public Health Association – Founded in 1872, the APHA represents more than 50,000 members from over 50 occupations of public health.
- National Rural Health Association – Seeks to improve the health of rural Americans, and to provide leadership on rural health issues. News, publications, membership and conference information.
Critical Care Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses – AACN was founded in 1969 and has grown to become one of the largest specialty nursing organizations with over 65,000 members around the world.
- Australian College of Critical Care Nurses – Offers membership information, application, activities and events, and selected articles from the current journal.
- Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses – Contains chapter links, selected position statements, published and unpublished research abstracts and a “chatter” area.
- European Federation of Critical Care Nursing Associations – Includes constitution, information about member associations, calendar of meetings and conferences, minutes of meetings, and working groups.
- Northeast Pediatric Cardiology Nurses Association – An organization promoting the health and welfare of infants and young adults with acquired or congenital heart disease by enhancing the art and science of pediatric cardiovascular nursing.
- Air and Surface Transport Nurses Association – Founded in 1980, the ASTNA has members in 10 countries. Formerly the National Flight Nurses Association. Membership and certification information, position statements, conference and advanced course information.
- American Trauma Society – Composed of healthcare professionals and the general public, the ATS is dedicated to the prevention of trauma and improvement of trauma care.
- Emergency Nurses Association – The official U.S. site for Emergency Nursing.
- Georgia Emergency Nurses Association – Georgia state chapter of the ENA. Course information, education, and news focused on emergency nursing.
- New York State Emergency Nurses Association – The official site of NYSENA. Providing information regarding emergency nursing, newsletters, education offerings and information.
- Scenic Cities Chapter of the Emergency Nurses Association – Offers membership information, meeting schedule, list of officers, frequently asked questions, and current projects. Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Swedish Association of Trauma Nurses – Addresses issues in trauma care and assists in the development of trauma nursing as a specialty.
- American Geriatrics Society – The AGS is one of the largest professional organization of health care providers. Includes membership, educational and publication information.
- Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association – Promotes high standards of gerontological nursing practice in Canada. History, membership and benefit information.
- The Gerontological Society of America – Multidisciplinary society for professionals in the field of aging. Focuses on promoting the scientific study of aging.
- National Conference of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners – Organization for advanced practice nurses interested in the health care of older adults. Membership, committee and conference information.
- American Nursing Informatics Association – An organization for informatics nurses promoting networking, education and communication to advance the practice of informatics.
- British Computer Society Nursing Specialist Group – Includes events diary, focus groups on education, midwifery, nursing terms, mental health, and publications, and membership information.
- Canadian Nursing Informatics Association – Site of the relatively new organisation that aims to be ' the voice of nursing informatics in Canada'. Contains details of mission, goals, membership, representation on other bodies, and meetings.
- IMIA-NI website – The website of the international nursing informatics body, IMIA-NI. It contains details of the organisation, meeting minutes and information on the activities of subgroups and members. Links to its conference website are included, plus the annual 'newsletters' containing reports from country representatives.
- The Ontario Nursing Informatics Group – Includes news, calendar of events, membership information, publications, and discussion forum.
- South Carolina Informatics Nursing Network – This is a group local to the South Carolina (USA) area. The site has information about the organization, how to become a member, and meeting dates. It also has a member-only area and reports of activities.
- Nursing Unit Managers' Society of New South Wales – Offers history, membership criteria and information, benefits, conference reports and papers, and newsletters.
- American College of Nurse Midwives, Illinois Chapter – Resource for nurse midwives in Illinois. Links to midwifery practices, and job opportunities.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives – Information on nurse-midwifery care, women's health, prenatal care, childbirth, finding nurse-midwives, education, certification, and questions to ask.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives, San Diego Chapter – Includes philosophy, membership information, officer list, events, meeting minutes, and legislative news.
- Association of Ontario Midwives – Combines the resources of the Ontario Midwives. Includes links, fact sheets and career opportunities for midwives
- Association of Radical Midwives – A group of midwives, students and others who are committed to improving maternal care by the National Health Service, UK.
- Citizens for Midwifery – Promoting citizen and consumer awareness of midwifery and childbirth.
- College of Midwives – American College of Domiciliary Midwives home page. Information for midwives, consumers, and links to other midwifery schools and organizations. Located in CA.
- Colorado Alliance of Independent Midwives – Information about homebirth midwifery in Colorado. Educational and practice links for midwives and pregnant women. The vision is for pregnant woman in Colorado to have access to midwifery care within her community. Activities are guided by the values of education, empowerment, inclusion, nurturance.
- Columbus Midwives and Doulas Club – A club promoting and supporting midwifery, labour and delivery nurses, and doulas who advocate for clients in the birthing environment and support childbirth options.
- Connecticut Midwife – Find a certified nurse-midwife in Connecticut by practice location or birth site. Learn about midwifery care. Links to womens health sites.
- Foundation for the Advancement of Midwifery, Inc. – Non-profit organization dedicated to educating the general public and policy makers regarding the midwifery model of care as a quality health care option, increasing access to midwifery care and improving the quality of midwifery care.
- Home Birth Association of North Dallas – Association supporting home birth and midwifery. Information about monthly meetings and referrals to midwives and doulas in Dallas, Texas metro area.
- Independent Midwives Association (UK) – Founded in July 1985. The Association disseminates information about independent midwives, and lobbies for the traditional role of the midwife. The site includes a comprehensive register of midwives belonging to the IMA.
- International Confederation of Midwives – Vision, mission, statements, and code of ethics for this international organization.
- Long Island Midwives.com – Educational outreach service and directory for nurse/midwives, childbirth educators, and doulas practicing on Long Island.
- Massachusetts Friends of Midwives – Consumer organization supporting midwifery and the midwifery model of care. Directory of birthing resources.
- Midwife Associations Database – Comprehensive list of international midwifery associations, listed by geographical locations.
- Midwifery Options for Mothers – Educates and promotes autonomous midwifery in Virginia. Has a newsletter and photo page, and details about upcoming events.
- Midwifery Organizations – Index to midwifery organizations with links and contact information.
- Midwives Alliance of North America – Organization of North American midwives and their advocates with the central mission to promote midwifery as a quality health care option for North American families.
- The Midwives' Association of Washington State (MAWS) – Non-profit organization of Licensed Midwives and Certified Nurse Midwives in Washington State. Provides resources, referrals, and information for pregnant women and midwives about midwifery. Includes a directory of midwives.
- National Association of Childbirthing Centers – Information about birth centers, stories, workshops and a bookstore.
- National Board of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting – Scotland Secretary of State body responsible for ensuring standards of education and training for nurses, midwives and health visitors in Scotland.
- New Zealand College of Midwives – Information about pregnancy and birth, and midwifery practices New Zealand.
- North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) – The certifying organization recognizing multiple routes of entry into midwifery and includes verification of knowledge and skills and the successful completion of both a written examination and skills assessment.
- Tennessee Midwives Association – Organization of midwives, aspiring midwives, and childbirth educators.
- Texans for Midwifery – State-wide organization supporting midwives in Texas. Reference information and referrals to local chapters.
- Washington State Midwives – Information for midwives, consumers, about midwifery and women's health. Links to handouts and web sites to other sites, including birth options, health links, and health concerns of women.
- Welsh National Board – Monitors educational and professional standards of nurses, midwives and health visitors.
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nursing – Provides access to position statements, legislative agenda, job listings, Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing, “Lifelines” magazine, and practice resources.
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses – News, membership and meeting information, research projects, and links.
- American Nephrology Nurses Association – Established in 1969, the ANNA is open to nurses and other healthcare professionals involved in the care of nephrology patients. Site contains membership information, job postings, legislative news, and journal abstracts.
- Council of Nephrology Nurses and Technicians – A council of the National Kidney Foundation focusing on the development of healthcare policies which impact patient care and professional practices. Membership, grant and educational information.
- International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis – Formed in 1984, ISPD promotes the clinical application of peritoneal dialysis. Membership is open to healthcare and business professionals.
- San Joaquin Valley Chapter – American Nephrology Nurses Association Chapter 532. Includes related continuing education classes, job opportunities, chapter goals, and officer list.
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses – National organization of 3,400 registered nurses and other health care professionals dedicated to improving the care of the neuroscience patient and to furthering the interests of health professionals in the neurosciences.
- American Association of Spinal Cord Nurses – Dedicated to promoting quality care for individuals with spinal cord impairment.
- Canadian Association of Neuroscience Nursing – Promotes wellness and injury prevention for clients at risk or experiencing alterations of the nervous systems. Includes membership, chapter and conference information.
- Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses – APON is a professional organization for registered nurses caring for children and adolescents with cancer and their families.
- Oncology Nursing Society – Organization open to registered nurses and other healthcare professionals involved in oncology care.
- San Antonio Chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society – Includes news, events, meeting and membership information, educational opportunities, and photo gallery.
- Texas Nurses Foundation – The Nurse Oncology Education Program is a statewide cancer education project funded by the Texas Cancer Council. NOEP is designed to educate and empower all nurses in all practice settings about cancer prevention, detection, treatment and rehabilitation.
Palliative Care Nursing
- American Long Term and Sub Acute Nurses Association – Offers membership information, a printable application, nursing news, clinical information updates, FAQs, and certification exam information.
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association – Information about membership, publications, conferences and certification.
- AORN Online – The home page of the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses. Provides resource links, FAQ section related to surgery, and conference information.
- American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses – Represents more than 10,000 nurses practicing in all phases of ambulatory surgery, pre-anesthesia and post-anesthesia care.
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Nurses – Has membership, certification, employment information, an online forum, and CEU materials online.
- AORN Chapter Central San Joaquin Valley – Central San Joaquin Valley, California chapter 0502 of AORN – Offers chapter information, newsletters, news and events.
- Denver Chapter AORN – Offers chapter information, meetings and committee information.
- New South Wales Operating Theatre Association – Offers background, membership and conference information, and courses.
- Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada – Dedicated to the promotion and advancement of excellence in perioperative patient care. Organizational information, education, conferences and workshops.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners – The AANP was formed in 1985 to promote the high standards of health care delivered by nurse practitioners and to act as a forum to enhance the identity and continuity of all nurse practitioner specialties.
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health – Offers membership programs, publications, newsletter, information on professional issues, continuing education, accreditation and conference updates.
- The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners – American professional organization of pediatric health care practitioners stressing infant and child disease prevention, growth and development, treatment of illnesses.
- National Conference of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners – Organization for advanced practice nurses interested in the health care of older adults. Membership, committee and conference information.
- New Hampshire Nurse Practitioner Association – News, employment opportunities, meetings and conference information.
- The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State – Includes membership information, calendar of events, list of conferences, news, alerts, job bank, and chapter information.
- Nurse Practitioner Association of Manitoba – Includes description of role, meeting schedule, educational sessions, policies, position statements, and job opportunities.
- Nurse Practitioner Council of Palm Beach County – Includes news, events, educational opportunities, mentoring and membership information, and job openings.
- Olympia Area Advanced Practice Association – Includes advanced practice issues, general and legislative news, complimentary therapy information, patient handouts, directory, and employment opportunities. Olympic area, Washington.
- The American Psychiatric Nurses Association – The organization's official website with membership information, APNA Journal, job links, news and resources.
- Alliance for Psychosocial Nursing – Resource and lobbying force for nurses and their patients containing memberships, meetings, a job bank, online journal, and discussion areas for important issues and questions.
- California Chapter of American Psychiatric Nurses Association – State chapter of APNA offering continuing education programs, legislative advocacy, leadership training, and networking opportunities.
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses – Organization promoting professional rehabilitation nursing practice. Provides membership, education and certification information.
- Midwest Nursing Research Society – Information and research news about the society.
- National Institute of Nursing Research – Component of the national institutes of health, the US department of health and human services.
- Southern Nursing Research Society (USA) – About the society – its mission, annual conferences, and research interest groups.
- American School Health Association – A multidisciplinary organization of professionals committed to safeguarding the health of school-aged children.
- National Association of School Nurses – A non-profit specialty nursing organization which represents school nurses, and is dedicated to improving the health and educational success of children.
- Oregon School Nurse Association – Includes membership information, board member list and minutes, strategic plans, news, legislation information, and employment opportunities.
- Arkansas Nursing Student Association – Find out what Arkansas is doing for the National Student Nurses' Association. Features chat, forum, membership information, news.
- California Nursing Students' Association – Features membership information, news, conventions, links.
- Canadian Nursing Students Association – The national voice of nursing students in Canada. Features french/english versions, discussion forum, membership information.
- Enrolled Nurse Professional Association of New South Wales – Includes news, events, conference abstracts, policies, library, and scholarship information.
- FTCC Association of Nursing Students – Fayetteville Technical Community College, North Carolina. Calendar of events, membership, newsletter, FAQ.
- Louisiana Association of Student Nurses – Features mission statement, board reports, newsletter, and organizational updates.
- Michigan Nursing Students' Association – Conventions, links, information for local chapters.
- National Student Nurse's Association – Features online membership applications, NCLEX study aids, an online store, discounts for products, services, and publications. Resources including career advice, a discussion forum and scholarship information.
- New Jersey Nursing Students, Inc. – Membership information, FAQ, events, newsletter, and links.
- Nursing Students' Association of New York State – Includes list of officers and contact details. Fledgling resource, but appears to be under active development.
- Nursing Students Association of South Dakota – Includes membership information, news, board members and minutes, committees, events, and newsletter.
- Student Nurses' Association of Pennsylvania – Provides information about this organization, plus nursing links.
- Texas Nursing Students' Association – Information on becoming a member, dues, annual convention.
- Utah Student Nurses Association – Offers membership information, conference and events, legislative information, and forum.
- Wisconsin Student Nurses Association – Provides membership information, message board, nursing and health resource links.
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care – Forums for; clinical practice, public policy, research in wounds and treatment. Additionally history, news, membership information, and meetings of the Association.
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society – An international nursing society of more than 4000 nurse professionals who are experts in the care of patients with wound, ostomy and continence problems