Overview of Kaplan University School of Nursing
Private, for-profit. Established 1937, offers master’s, bachelor’s and associate’s degree programs and certificate programs on-campus and online. 6 campuses in Iowa and 2 in Nebraska. Part of Kaplan Higher Education.
Focuses on health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, information and healthcare technologies, ethics, management theory, and healthcare policy. A capstone in nursing is completed in the student’s own community under faculty guidance.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Additional Nursing Programs Offered
RN Licensure Credit
Transfer Credit Policy
- 90 credits
- User-friendly online interface.
Typical Program Length
- 2 years or less
- 90 credits plus 90 transfer credits
Current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN in at least one U.S. state, including the state in which the lab and clinical will be completed.
Lab and clinical must be completed in the state of licensure.
- Title IV federal financial aid
- Pell Grants
- Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Stafford Loans
- Direct PLUS
- Key Bank Alternative loan programs
- Sallie Mae
Latest posts by Nurse Nicole, RN (see all)
- RN to BSN in as Few as 16 Months. No Waiting List! - October 29, 2014
- Parish Nurses - October 22, 2014
- Diabetes Management Nursing - October 8, 2014