Stay in Love with Your Nursing Career!
At My Nursing Career we provide carefully selected and researched information about nursing careers, nursing jobs, and nursing schools to help you in your nursing career. Find high salary nursing jobs, low-tuition, fully accredited nursing schools, and more.
Become a Nurse: Our Comprehensive Guide to CNA, LPN, RN, and BSN Degrees.
Spotlight: Online Nurse Practitioner Programs
- Financial Aid – These programs are accredited by the U.S. Department of Education at the highest level, giving qualified students more loan, grant, and scholarship opportunities at the federal and state level.
- No Waiting List – Currently, these online nursing programs have no waiting lists. Some online nursing programs start new sessions every 2 weeks. Check with the school to find out when the next available start date is.
- No Out-of-State Travel – Out-of-state and working nurses can now earn their advanced nursing degree from a prestigious, highly ranked nursing school.
- Earn Your Degree Fast – For example, Georgetown University offers an RN to FNP degree in 17 months for full-time students, and 24 months for part-time students. Arizona State University offers ADN to MSN degrees that follows a 44-credit, two year curriculum; and for RN's a 31-credit, 15 month curriculum. Your time to graduation may vary based on many factors. Philadelphia University offers a Midwifery degree in a little as 12 months. Check with the schools to find out more.
Earn your accredited Family Nurse Practitioner degree online in as few as 17 months. Learn More.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner - Master
- DNP in Family Nurse Practitioner - Doctorate
- MSN - DNP Family Nurse Practitioner - Master
- Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (Post Graduate Certificate) - Certificate
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner - Master
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate - Certificate
- M.S. in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner - Master
Skip the BSN go from ADN to MSN in as little as 24 months, and RN to MSN in as few as 15 months.
Earn your Adult Nurse Practitioner degree in as few as 12 months.
Nursing Job Search
We list more nursing jobs than Monster.com, CareerBuilder, and HotJobs combined. Yes, you read that right. Combined. With larger a pool of jobs to apply to, you have a better chance to find the nursing job of your dreams. Today, for instance, you can find the following number of nursing jobs:
My Nursing Career is about helping other nurses find the best resources for their career. We hope we do that by offering
As the US population grows older, the national association for disease control warns that the health of many American will decline, but the health care system may not be prepared for the overwhelming number of people who will need care. The demand for nurses will be especially acute because the current nursing work force is approaching retirement age, the number of new nurses entering the field will not make up the expected demand through 2020 and beyond. Ethe Exacerbating the situation is both a shortage of nurse educators and long waiting lists for students entering into nursing school. According to the US Bureau of Labor, employment opportunities for registered nurses will increase at a faster rate in 2012 than any other occupation in America. Because there are many way to enter into this rewarding profession, we encourage nurses to find their right career path into nursing.
With the U.S. Department of Labor projecting the need for more than a million new and replacement registered nurses by 2018, nursing schools around the country are exploring creative ways to increase capacity and reach new student populations. One innovative approach to nursing education that is gaining momentum is the accelerated degree program for non-nursing graduates. Offered at the baccalaureate and master's degree levels, these programs build on previous learning experiences and provide a way for individuals with undergraduate degrees in other disciplines to transition into nursing.